Caralluma Fimbriata and a host of other plants which flaunt weight loss properties are readily available in supplement form. Have you ever stood in front of a display of them baffled by all the different claims and complex names? I have! Where do these plants come from and how do I know if they truly work? The only way to answer these questions is to do some research. I’ll get you started by telling you about Caralluma Fimbriata and how it can benefit you.
History of Caralluma Fimbriata
Centuries ago the people of India and Africa hunted gazelle and water buffalo to survive. Hunters tired and hungry from following herds of game noticed that by eating a certain cactus their appetite was satisfied, muscles were strengthened and energy restored. Today this cactus is known as Caralluma Fimbriata. It grows abundantly in India, throughout the Arabian Peninsula and across Northern Africa. People all over the world continue to appreciate Caralluma. Some incorporate it into their diets as a vegetable, but most use it to enhance weight loss.
How does Caralluma aid weight loss?
- It suppresses appetite. Most excess pounds are a result of overeating. For some people overeating happens only at mealtimes, while for others it happens throughout the day through snacking. In both scenarios, Caralluma can be of help by decreasing appetite which makes it easier to refuse snacks and multiple servings. Our appetite is controlled by hormones from the hypothalamus. When our body needs energy, the hypothalamus releases neuropeptide Y which slows down metabolism and increases appetite. After we have eaten enough, the hypothalamus sends out proopiomelanocortin to decrease the appetite and speed up metabolism. Caralluma triggers the hypothalamus to produce proopiomelanocortin for longer periods of time, so that our metabolism is faster and we experience less hunger and cravings.
- It stimulates the body to burn stored fat. Caralluma provides us with four phytochemicals which are called pregnane glycosides, megastigmane glycosides, flavone glycosides and saponins. These phytochemicals suppress Citrate lyase, an enzyme which is responsible for converting carbohydrates into sugar. Our cells use this sugar to produce energy and any leftover sugar is stored as fat. As the Citrate lyase is suppressed, less sugar is available to the cells and they are forced to burn fat instead.
Do clinical trials support these claims?
The answer is a resounding: Yes! Since it entered the market as a weight loss aid, Caralluma Fimbriata has been the focus of several studies and trials. Caralluma does not cause miraculous weight loss, but it has demonstrated again and again that when it is part of a healthy lifestyle, it decreases appetite and weight, while increasing endurance.
Caralluma’s secondary benefits
- Decreases blood sugar and blood pressure. This can be a big help to those who suffer from diabetes and hypertension. If you are considering taking Caralluma for these benefits, be sure to speak with your doctor before you begin taking the supplement. Your medications will probably need to be readjusted.
- Promotes general health. Caralluma contains a significant amount of antioxidants, which decreases free radicals and helps prevent cell damage at various levels.
- Promotes the formation of lean muscles. When our cells burn fat for energy, adenosine triphosphates are released. Adenosine triphosphates function as coenzymes and are essential for the building and maintenance of lean muscles.
- Increases endurance. Adenosine triphosphates also provide energy to every cell in our bodies. As our bodies burn a greater amount of fat, additional adenosine triphosphates are released which allows us to enjoy extra energy and endurance.
Caralluma’s Side Effects
The best thing about Caralluma Fimbriata and other herbal supplements is that they are natural. They easily permeate out bodies producing multiple benefits without any potentially dangerous side effects. Caralluma does needs some time to build up in your body and begin producing results. By taking 1,000 mg of Caralluma extract twice a day for several months and practicing healthy eating habits, you can enjoy losing weight and feeling better.